Friday, September 18, 2009

Ready for the weekend!

Why is it that when I know I can sleep in, I can't? We work 4, 10 hour days at the shop, 7am till 5:30pm Monday through Thursday, and with the current economy there's no overtime allowed(unless you're one of the owners "special" people, which I'm not, lol!). Work this week was especially chaoitic and busy, lots of orders, but that's a good thing, job security. My normal day starts with coffee about 5am, then off to the shop by 6 to get everything opened up and ready for the day. With the additional orders this week and being short on help, I grabbed my welding gear and jumped in the production process to help meet deadlines. By the end of the day yesterday(our last day of the work week)I was pretty beat up and ready for the weekend. I did a couple things around the house and by 8:30 I was in bed looking forward to sleeping in for a change, not! At 5 this morning I just woke up, no alarm clock, no reason, my internal clock just told me it was time to get up, so much for sleeping in, lol!

Maybe it was the anticipation of this weekend. I have been looking forward to this weekend for a while. Tomorrow is our state picnic for the Kansas chapters of the Southern Cruisers Riding Club. I really enjoy being a part of SCRC, family oriented, fund raisers for a very worthy cause(St. Judes Childrens Hospital)no bar-hopping runs(I'm not a big drinker at all)they don't care what you ride, and I've met some of nicest folks. After a lot of searching, I found a local chapter of SCRC and after a couple runs with them, I joined, it's a great fit. Our chapter decided to meet up this afternoon and head to the state meet a day early, and make a weekend out of it. We're all very excited about this, it's the first time our chapter has done a multiple day ride, we can't wait!! This is also the 1st time in over a decade that it's just my wife and I going, no kids! We've never been big on babysitters, I think we've used them twice when our boys were very young, but beyond that we never used them, we'd rather spend the time together. It's going to be a great weekend!

No comments: