Saturday, September 26, 2009

Drinking....

Those that know me, know that I rarely drink. I may have an occasional beer in certain situations but that rarely totals more than a 6 pack in a year. Twenty-some years ago it was different, I drank heavy and often, and always suffered a violent hangover the next day. One day I decided I was sick and tired of being sick and tired so I just stopped. Fast forward to last Thursday night. A good friend and co-worked stopped by with a bottle of Tequila, one of my son's friends stopped by with beer and since none of us had to work Friday we proceeded to get completely smashed. Since all of us ride that was the topic of the evening, from watching YouTube videos of bikes we'll never be able to afford to planning road trips we'll never be able to do, we spent the evening at my house consuming entirely too much Tequila and beer. By midnight I was done, knowing that one more shot would have me worshipping at the porcelain altar, I was off to my spinning bed. The next day, yup, still get nasty hangovers. I was wishing that the guy in my head with the jackhammer would just stop, lol! By 4:30pm I was starting to feel human again. It's been over 10 years since I've drank that much and it'll probably be another 10 before I do it again. Friday was completely wasted in recovery mode, but today, I ride!

Keep the shiny side up!

No comments: