Thursday, August 12, 2010

Rant on...

Sorry folks, but I can't help it, I gotta rant for a bit. What is the deal with all the bikes on frickin' trailers?!?! I mean come on, aren't they bought to be ridden? The majority of my riding is local so I guess I just don't see it that much, but on my recent Sturgis trip I was surprised at the number of trailered bikes I saw. It was more like trailer week than bike week, I'd be willing to bet that over half of the bikes there were trailered in, that's sad.

Now I do realize that for some there is no other option, age, medical conditions, etc.,but I saw entirely too many wanna-bees that were hauling their bikes on a trailer behind their Escalade or H2. Why? I couldn't tell you for sure, but, judging by their obese stature(350 lbs plus) they were obviously too damn lazy to ride. They were content to sit on their asses in the AC and drink their way to Sturgis. I wonder if they even realize how much of the experience they're missing, probably not. Hell, the best part of the trip for me was sharing the road with my brothers. I don't get the whole "fashion show" aspect of Sturgis or riding in general, if you can't be true to yourself who can you be true to?

Should these folks quit going to rallies? Hell no! Their monetary contributions to rallies are great and keep them happening, but you really should try riding the damn things more often, you're missing the best part, the ride!!

Oh, and while I'm on my rant, ladies and gentlemen, if your older than my grandparents, I applaud you for riding and participating in life, but do us all a favor, keep your damn clothes on!! The image of the 250 lb granny on a geezer-glide flashing her saggy, wrinkled, dried up goods is now permanently etched in my brain. Thanks granny..


Rant off.

May your smiles be as plentiful as your miles.

No comments: