Sunday, March 7, 2010

More miles!!

What a great way to end a beautiful weekend, an awesome 300+ mile day!! It didn't quite make it into the 60's but it did make it into the mid 50's and sunny, works for me! This was a completely solo run, no passenger, no other scoot's, just me and my sporty. One thing I've noticed in the short time I've owned a HD is that complete strangers that own HD's will come up and just start a conversation with you. Example, today I was riding through Florence, Ks., not much there, but a typical, run-down, mid-west cafe. The kind of mom & pop place I like to eat at so I stopped. The cafe did not disappoint, very run down, but clean where it counts, bottomless pot of coffee, and the food was outstanding. As I was finishing my meal another gentleman next to me at the counter says "Great day for a ride." and the conversation began. Turns out he was a Marine in Vietnam, spent some time riding bulls in rodeos, got his 1st HD in '72, and he was out on his sporty today. We spent the better part of an hour swapping stories and when it was time to go we shared the road for a few miles before we went our separate ways. Two people met as strangers and left as friends. I spent the last 100 miles of my run in virtual solitude, just me and the sporty covering the miles. Here's some random pics from todays ride.











1 comment:

Mr. Motorcycle said...

I hear ya. I don't know why this is so true, but it is. There is a common brotherhood between ALL bikers, but that bond is somehow strengthened when you bring Harleys into the picture. I think it is because most people who ride love motorcycles; but people who ride Harley's have a particular love for them specifically. It just somehow runs deeper than liking most motorcycles. We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Harleys. Maybe that's why so many metric cruisers imitate the look of Harley Davidson. That must be why Joker's blog is the Harley Davidson Mystique.