Saturday, June 11, 2011

Road trip update

So far we're 10 days into our road trip and it's going very well. Currently we're hanging out at in Louisville, Ky with an old Army buddy of mine, Jay, who I can't thank enough for his hospitality and help during our stay here! It's fun trying to keep up with him exploring Louisville considering he rides a Honda CBR1000, lol! We'll be hanging out here in Louisville till Monday.

The trip has been incredible so far. The Drifter has performed great, the worst mpg I've gotten so far is 37 and the best was 49. I'm not very impressed with the Bridgestone Excedra's, the rear was worn out by the time we hit Louisville, unfotunately the only shop that had a tire in stock had the Bridgestone so I have a new one.

We spent several days in Gulfport, Ms with our youngest son Jayson and his fiance Julie. Welcome to our family Julie!

From there we rode to Cartersville, Ga to visit my wife's friend Hanna who is also from Korea and they hadn't seen each other in over 20 years! It was great to see them together again!

After leaving there it was off to Tennessee to ride the Cherohala Skyway and to slay the Dragon! It was an absolutely amazing ride and I am definitely a better rider for it.

Now we spend time with people we care about in Louisville before continuing our journey. We've taken alot of pics, but uploading will have to wait as I didn't bring my laptop and these road updates are being done via my phone.

Ride Free!!!!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments: