Sunday, June 19, 2011

Road Trip '11, pt 6

The day I've been waiting for, time to slay the Dragon! US 129, here we come!
The Drifter waiting patiently under the car port at our motel
our lodging in Robbinsville, NC








































































































































Earned a couple patches!

As we kept rolling towards Kentucky I couldn't help but smile, as I had finally ridden the one road I have dreamed of riding. In my opinion it was the most technical road I've ridden to date and I'm a better rider for it.  Thankfully we had taken the advice and hit the Dragon in the middle of the week and traffic, bike or otherwise, was minimal. While my Drifter handled it admirably, I couldn't help but be a little disappointed in the handling, it wasn't bad, it just isn't what I'm used to. I found myself wishing I had my old Meanstreak, lol!

1 comment:

Wickedstock said...

Thanks for sharing this interesting blog with us. I like your pics.