Sunday, June 27, 2010

My rant for the day.

I got up late this morning, not a little late but a lot late, lol! It was damn near noon by the time I pryed my head off the pillow, oh well, that's what Sundays are for! I headed downstairs for my morning ritual of coffee(lots of it) and internet. While I'm cruisin' the web, I decide to see what's up on Facebook. Now I'm not a huge FB fan, I don't play the silly ass games and I don't accept random friend invites, but it is a great way to keep up with family and real friends. There's a young man that I'm friends with on FB, he used to live up the street from us and is like part of our family, his status was funny and without quoting directly, he commented on something you'd only find in America and that America was a great place. A girl replied that obviously you've never lived anywhere else because America sucks. EXCUSE ME! This girl is a whopping 16 years old, What did she do, spend a week in Europe? WTF? This really irritates the shit out of me, you're 16 fuckin' years old, still wet behind the ears, haven't done shit to contribute to society in general, and somehow you have the right to say America sucks! Oh wait, you do have that right, because this is America, everyone has that right. People, family, friends, sons, daughters, mothers and fathers spilled their blood so you have that right. You pompous little bitch! Trying going to another country and speaking out against their government and see what happens. Oh and before I go to far I should say I have lived in another country. I didn't just visit on a vacation with my rich family, I served America and lived in South Korea for 3 years, not exactly a vacation. It was a life changing experience, not only did I gain a greater appreciation for America, I gained a greater respect for other nations and their beliefs. We could learn alot from other countries if it weren't for our politicians and I mean both sides, conservative and liberal, politicians are thieves and liars, only concerned about who's greasing thier pockets instead of doing what is in the best interest of America.

America is a great nation, but we are not without our problems, there are so many things that need improvement, things that would make America better. But to say America sucks is just wrong in so many ways. Although you do have that right, because America is a free nation.

Here's some random suggestions-
You want to come to America illegally and take advantage of what America has to offer? Here's an alternative, if we catch you we don't deport you. You serve in the Immigrant Militia. We send you to the hottest combat zones that America is involved in and if you survive and serve America honorably for 5 years you automatically gain citizenship, voting rights, and everything America has to offer, with one exception, you may never be president, you weren't born here. Oh, you're a woman, tough shit, we believe in equal rights here.

You want to own land in America and aren't a citizen? Too bad. Aint gonna happen. That is a privilege reserved for citizens.

You think America sucks and you're an American citizen? Well guess what, today is your lucky day! We will give you a one way ticket to the country of your choice, denounce you as an American citizen, and ban you from ever returning to America. Pack your shit and get the fuck out, you are not welcome here.

Am I being insensative? You damn right I am! America doesn't need sensitivity training, she needs some backbone! You say I'm not being politically correct? Damn right I'm not! Being PC is a fucking joke, it's just figuring out cute ways to insult someone or something. Be an adult, look at reality, and call a spade a spade.

Did I offend you? Yes? Good. Maybe you needed to be offended, just like I was when I read that 16 year old girls comment. I may not agree with it, but I will defend her right to say it because that's what freedom is.

Are you from another country reading this? If so, don't think that I'm anti everyone that's not American. The fact is, I'm not. I have a great deal of respect for other nations and cultures. America has had and still has great allies in other nations and we would not enjoy our freedom if it wasn't for them. I would expect any citizen of another nation be as patriotic towards theirs as I am mine.

No comments: