Saturday, June 26, 2010

Another great ride!

Finally after what seems like endless rain we had a dry weekend! My wife and I saddled up and hit the road. Instead of picking a destination, we pick a direction and go. Today's ride would be north by northeast, a direction we haven't explored much yet. Today was also one of the hottest days yet this summer, going through one town we saw 99* on a bank clock but it still felt great to be in the wind. Going our chosen direction today meant that we were going to be riding mainly in Nebraska. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but the roads in Nebraska leave alot to be desired and Nebraska is also a helmet mandatory state. So I put on my half helmet, my wife in her fullface(which is normal for her, regardless where we ride)and we headed into the "Corn Husker" state.

Our first stop was for gas and water(got to stay hydrated in this heat!) at a truck stop just north of Beatrice, Nebraska.


Next stop was at Frontier Harley Davidson in Lincoln, Nebraska. I usually don't have alot good to say about dealerships, but Frontier is an exception. I bought my Sportster from them, and unlike any other dealer I've worked with, they treated me great and made sure I was going to be happy with my Harley, top notch customer service.


As soon as we walked in the front door, there was the bike I have been lusting after since I first saw it. The Harley 48. I absolutely love this bike, who knows, maybe sometime down the rode one will be in my garage, lol!



Now if you're ever in the area it's is definitely worth a stop at Frontier even if you're not buying anything. They have one of the coolest collection of vintage Harleys, here are just a few of my personal favorites.


A HD snowmobile!!



How about an HD dual-sport!




















From Frontier we headed east on highway 2 to highway 75 south and a fuel stop in Auburn, Nebraska. There was some kind of rodeo going on. I'm not much of a fan of redneck games so we kept moving.



Another stop just for the hell of it in Table Rock, Nebraska. Not much here.

Ok, that's not fair, Table Rock is small, 350-some people, but this was a better picture, lol!

Back in Kansas!
The land of great roads(quality, not twistiness)and choice! The helmet came off, although my wife kept hers on.
We had a great ride, covered about 272 miles in about 6 hrs. The southeast corner of Nebraska has some very scenic roads, but I don't think they spend alot of money on highway maintenance. It was amazing how the road condition changed at the state line. If they'd spend more money on their roads they would probably get more vistors to an otherwise beautiful state.

No comments: