Monday, May 30, 2011

An addition to the stable...and one less.....

After putting some 2 up miles on my '06 sporty, my wife and I decided it was time to get something geared more for touring, so the next some haggling was done, a deal was struck, and I brought home a very nice '02 Kawasaki Drifter! Now most are aware, the Drifter is Maw Kaw's copy/tribute, whatever you want to call it, of an Indian Chief. I call it one of the most comfortable bikes I've ever ridden!
1500cc's, more than enough power, air shocks, Vance and Hines Longshots, and the most comfortable seat I've ever ridden in, the Corbin Dual Tourer. This baby was built for putting on miles and that's what we intend to do! I don't have pics of my latest additions to it yet, but they'll be coming. I added a 22" SlipStream shield, a luggage rack and some more luggage. I can't wait to get some serious seat time on this!!

Now for the one less............

After some haggling, a deal was struck, and my oldest son, James, rode his 1st Harley home yesterday! Yup, he bought my '76 HD XLH1000!

Enjoy the wind Jimmy!

Now with it being a holiday weekend we didn't work today, so yesterday me, my wife, Jimmy, and one of my best friends for the last 18 years, Bill, rode to Jimmy's apartment and hung out there for the night. One of the most memorable rides for as it was Jimmy's first road trip on his 1st Harley and Bill's 1st road trip on his 1st Harley and the 1st time the 3 of had a chance to put on some good miles together, couldn't have asked for a better weekend! Of course we had to break in Jimmy's newly rented garage properly, lol!

The Drifter nestled amongst the Harley's-

Good looking garage Jimmy!


Bill's a little camera shy so I snuck this of him on his new to him '88 FXRS_

Other than the 30mph Kansas wind, it was a great weekend of riding!!!

No comments: