Monday, October 27, 2014

Viking Cycle Angel Fire Jacket Review

The first thing I'm going to review is the Viking Cycle Angel Fire leather jacket from Motorcycle House .

With it's classic biker jacket styling this was a hit for me from the start. The leather, even new, is pretty supple and high quality. After having spent the last 3 weeks with it the leather is starting to break in and become even more comfortable. The heavy duty YKK zippers work very smooth with no hang ups, although I do plan on waxing them, as I do all my gear with metal YKK zippers, to aid in longevity.


  One thing that has always been a pet peeve of mine is the "cigarette" pocket on the front. Over the years, that pocket has gotten smaller and smaller to the point where it is only there for looks. I like functionality, if it's there, it needs to serve a purpose and that's exactly what you get with the Angel Fire. While I don't smoke anymore, the pocket would easily fit a pack of smokes. For me it's the perfect size for my I-pod Classic or my I-phone. The side pockets, while having a very large opening could stand to be a little deeper.

  The front zipper is another high point for me. On some "other" jackets, when zipped all the way up the zipper will either pull at an odd angle at the top or start unzipping as you're riding. This one does neither. It zips up to a very comfortable angle and stays put.



  With only a sewn in liner this jacket is more suited to spring and fall riding. With our riding season here heading into fall, this is the perfect jacket for the cooler temps. So far I can say it works very well from 50*f to 70*f. Another gem on the inside is not one, but 2 inside pockets. I tend to use these alot for various items and having 2 is great!



  One thing to keep in mind when ordering this jacket is that the sizes run a little small. Normally, I wear an XL, I ordered this in XXL and the fit is almost perfect, with enough room the wear a sweat shirt if I want. The price point is hard to beat. Coming in at $79.95, it's my opinion that this jacket is the absolute best "bang for your buck" and I look forward to many years of use.

Stay tuned for a video review coming in the next week or 2!

2 comments:

Wickedstock said...

Wow, such an amazing post. I like your blog.

Greg Prosmushkin said...

Thanks for taking the time to share your review of this jacket with us. I enjoyed stopping by your blog for these informative articles. Have a wonderful day.
Greg Prosmushkin