Sunday, October 28, 2012

Acclimatizing...

There's no denying it. It's here. Nice 80* days are history till next year, just like the leaves on the trees, fall is here with winter fast on it's heels. With a predicted high of 56* and sunny, I broke out my fall gear and headed out, time to get used to the cooler weather and take advantage of a clear sunny day. It was a brisk 45* when I left the house, but it doesn't seem so bad when your protected by a windshield, lowers, and chaps on the crash bar.

1st stop- the Veterans Memorial in Clifton Kansas-


After about 70 miles of back-roads I stopped at the Fancy Creek area of Tuttle Creek Lake.


In the 3 pics above you see a channel of water and a huge open area of brush and saplings behind the channel. Not pictured is a bridge that spans that area that we refer to as the Mile Long Bridge. 22 years ago, when I was stationed on Ft. Riley I drove across that bridge and there were people water skiing in that area pictured above. 

No comments: