Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Decisions, decisions.....

In '08 I bought a new, left over, '07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic. It's been a great, trouble free, bike for me. Between myself and my son we've racked up just over 30k miles on it. I still have it. A friend has the same bike set up for touring and just loves it. I was at the Carquest store he works at last week picking up some parts and we started bs'ing about bikes. He goes on about how much he likes his 900 and says that he should probably sell his other scoot cause he doesn't ride it much. It's not comfy enough for him, and with him being quite a bit older than me I can understand. So I said since you like that Vulcan so much how about we just trade. I've got 2 other scoots and would love to have some old iron again. He says, let me think about it. Now the scoot in question is his '76 XLH iron head. He said the motor has been rebuilt a couple years ago by a very reputable local guy, bored, cammed, and such. I did some checking and that checks out to be true. He said the carb(S&S, not quite sure which model) was built and tuned by a local carb guru, this also checks out to be true. I've also talked to couple guys that have actually ridden the scoot and both of them say it runs like a scalded dog. I stopped back in the store yesterday and ask if he's still thinking and he says, nope, I'm done, let's do it. I'm going to give it a look this weekend and decide........

1 comment:

JimmyFick said...

Quit thinking about it and do it lol!