Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas at our house.

Christmas at our house is anything but normal. While we did exchange some small gifts, our Christmas is more about spending time together, relaxing, and just enjoying what we do have. Unfortunately, our youngest son, Jayson, couldn't be with us for the holidays, but at least he is safely back in the states after finishing his first deployment in the Navy. We are looking forward to seeing him next month!

After enjoying an awesome Korean dinner my wife headed for her favorite chair for a movie while Jimmy and I headed for the garage for some wrenching on our scoots. I had picked up a used set of risers and drag bars for my sporty so it was time for the install.

Now the bars I got weren't dimpled or drilled so I had to drill them and run the wires internally. What a pain in the ass!! The drilling was easy, but try having to cut the wires, fish them through the bars, and then solder 12 fricking wires just sucked! After fighting with that it was time to finally put everything back together. I'm thinkin' "man, this looks sweet!" Then I went to check all the functions and the damn right turn didn't work!! Shit!! After several times of taking it apart and putting it back together it finally worked. I'm very happy with the results, now to figure out how to mount the speedometer.




While I was working on mine Jimmy was working on his project, an '81 Yamaha Xs400 that he plans on building into a cafe racer. He got to rebuild carbs tonight, better him than me, lol!







I'd like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and may you share it with those that are important to you!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment:

MeanStreak said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you and yours as well.