Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

This year we're having a late Christmas, my youngest son is in the Navy and can't get home till next Monday so we're holding off and going to celebrate when he gets home. We can't wait! We haven't seen him since September so we're all really looking forward to it.

Right now, I find myself wishing I could ride, lol! Two weeks ago we had a blizzard roll through dumping 15" of snow on us, today we have a much smaller one giving us more snow along with high winds. I guess I won't be riding for a while, lol. At least I have a small garage and both bikes are inside wishing they could be ridden. First chance I get at clear roads they're coming out! I don't mind riding in the cold, I've got decent cold weather gear so if it's around 30 degrees and the roads are clear, I'm riding!

When I can't ride I spend alot of time on the web reading and occasionally posting on motorcycle forums. Does anyone know of any good, open minded, HD forums? Alot of the HD forums I've found tend to do more metric bashing than I care for or is that just the way it is? I'm active on a couple Vulcan forums and there's very little HD bashing going on, most respect what people ride, but on a couple of HD boards if you own a metric, you're immediately an outcast. I don't get it. IMHO, all makers have some great offerings, how can one limit themselves to only one make? Hell, if I had the financial means I'd have something from every make, I love motorcycles! Ahhh, but the world would be a boring place if everyone was the same. The ones that really make me laugh are the ones that have all the HD labeled clothes, hats, boots, etc. but don't even own a damn bike! Around here there's a few die-hard HD owners, the kind that say, "I'd rather push my HD than ride some piece of jap-crap!", but they're saying this as they're getting into their Honda Civic!?!? Gimme a break! I guess I'm not a biker, just a motorcycle enthusiast that would rather spend my time on 2 wheels than in a cage, that's fine with me, lol! Anywho, this turned into a bunch of ramblings, lol! Ride what you love and enjoy the wind!

3 comments:

Rob said...

I hear everything that your saying. Right now I am looking for a new bike. My Shadow 750 is just a bit to small for my liking. I am checking out every cycle company on the planet and am having a ton of fun in the process. I am just trying to get the best bang for the buck. Who knows what deal I will find but either way I guarantee I will be happy no matter what type of bike I finally choose.

Oz said...

Please tell your son "thanks for his service." I greatly appreciate the sacrifice both he and your family make.
I am about 9 months away from getting a new bike. There sure are some good ones out there.

Baron's Life said...

Meanstreak....Sorry I'm late but a summer riding accident had actually put me out of commission longer than I would have liked.
I wish you and your family a Happy New Year
All the best for 2010