Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, a day late, lol! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. For the 1st time in 20 years my wife and I celebrated Thanksgiving without traveling and without our sons. While it was different, it was kind of sad as well, not having our sons around on a holiday is going to take some getting used to. There are so many things to be thankful for, I have a wonderful family, friends, regardless how I feel about my job at least I have one, there are so many things, too many to list. One thing that gets forgotten is our troops, don't forget these brave men and women, without their sacrifices we would not be able to enjoy the freedoms we have. My youngest son is learning that first hand. He's a sailor and while folks were enjoying Thanksgiving yesterday he was on watch. While it did kind of get him down, he's proud to be a sailor and even prouder to be Seabee. We're very proud of you too Jayson!!!

Black Friday. I'm not one to go shopping today, I just don't like shopping and the crowds get to be too much on a day like today. However, I'm going to break my tradition of not shopping today, since I've settled with the ins. company over the wreck, I'm going bike shopping, lol! I've got a couple bikes on my short list, but one of them is total surprise, one I never thought I'd be looking at. A Harley Davidson. Now, I've never had anything against HD's, they were always out of my price range, except for the 883, and after riding a friends 883 I knew it wasn't for me. After alot of searching I came across an'08 Sportster 1200 Custom, black(my favorite color), 1100 miles, and remaining factory warranty for $6500. It seems like a screaming deal to me. Here's where the problem is, I've never owned one and have no experience with HD's. So suffice to say I have alot of questions. I guess my biggest question would be, how does it handle 2-up riding, lots of it? My wife rides with me alot, almost 15,000 miles a year. How will the Sporty handle that? Being air cooled how will it handle those 110 degree days? If anyone reading this owns or has experience with the 1200 Sporty's drop me a message and enlighten me.

1 comment:

Rob said...

I ride a Honda and can not speak on HD's but have seen a ton of folks riding 2 up on Sporters. $6500 sounds like a fantastic deal!!!